Print and Packaging Manager, Cheshire
Location: North West
County / State: Cheshire
Job type: Permanent
Consultant: Yasmine Baythoon
Start date: Asap
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus Pension and free parking
Are you an experienced Print & Packaging Manager who has worked within the food and drink sector? Keep reading...
In the competitive world of food and drink, the importance of innovative, eye-catching packaging is not to be underestimated! As the first point of contact for customers with a product on the shelf, getting the branding and design just right is simply invaluable.
As Packaging & Print Manager, you will be responsible for accelerating the business right to the forefront of the market with refreshing, new and exciting packaging which truly reflects the diverse range of products on offer. A strategic role, you will need to find the balance of producing beautiful packaging which also makes sense commercially for the business.
A sound understanding of the opportunities and restrictions of production is required, as is knowledge of various print capabilities as you will be working closely with operations and production, as well as external partners and suppliers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for at least one direct report based overseas, together with internal teams you will search internationally for new suppliers with the ability to take the company’s portfolio to the next level. Driving commercial growth by developing new and existing products, this is an exciting opportunity to give the business a competitive advantage and inspire consumers.
- To work with production and suppliers to explore new packaging concepts, constantly reviewing results and opportunities
- Develop a good understanding of the opportunities and limitations of worldwide production sites
- Remain one step ahead of the competition in design, branding and innovation, conducting market research and trend analysis
- Act as a bridge between production and marketing to ensure that ideas are realised in a timely and cost effective manner
- Advise on print options for customers, ensuring that all print and packaging complies to legal requirements
- Use print and reprographics knowledge when understanding production timings, limitations, capabilities and cost
- To arrange and manage costings for the design department
- To continually advise the business on cost efficiencies
- You must have a proven background working in the packaging industry, ideally in food or drink markets
- Be a strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills with an excellent eye for detail
- French verbal and / or written stills would be a distinct advantage
- You will be an excellent project manager with the ability to work amongst teams based overseas
The successful candidate will reside in the North West of England; however there is the opportunity to travel extensively throughout Europe to meet the business partners and suppliers. If you are looking to join a thriving and exciting business which rewards dedication and hard work, look no further!!
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. YEB15269 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job