Packaging Innovation Manager, West Midlands
Location: United Kingdom
County / State: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Category: New Product Development
Consultant: Yasmine Baythoon
Start date: Asap
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 GBP per annum plus 10% Bonus and Benefits
To keep ahead of the competition we are looking for a successful Packaging Innovation Manager who has experience of working in the FMCG market.
Producing both branded and own label food products for major UK retailers, this growing and profitable food manufacturer has a genuine opportunity for Packaging Innovation Manager.
As a Packaging Innovation Manager, you will be responsible for identifying new packaging trends and opportunities to put the business ahead of the competition. This role will be to develop new packaging ideas into new and existing products, ultimately driving commercial growth.
Primarily based out of the West Midlands site, this role will report into the NPD Manager and there will be occasional travel to other UK sites, as well as to customers.
It goes without saying, the successful candidate must have a good project management skills, strong problem solving, analytical and presentation abilities, as well as being a customer focused, strategic thinker who has excellent attention to detail.
- Initiate new packaging strategies and develop them into market leading solutions
- Ensure the smooth running of any packaging development from concept to launch
- Work to tight deadlines and manage packaging trials
- Liaising any day to day site issues to Technical, Operations and Purchasing Departments
- Responsible for managing one Packaging Technologist
- Keep up to date with newly developed packaging industry trends and ideas used by competitors
- Ensure legal requirements are followed
- Manage cost savings
- Some aspects of this role will involve working alongside NPD team and their process from initial concept to launch
- Full technical knowledge of repro and printing processes (Flexo / Gravure)
- To initiate and oversee packaging projects across the business
- To work with multi-channel and multi manufacturing sites
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level, or equivalent, and have previous experience working as a Packaging Innovation Manager. Ideally you will have experience within food manufacturing or a packaging manufacturer that has a solid background working with food packaging clients.
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. YEB15054 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job