Business Development Manager, North East
County / State: North Yorkshire
Job type: Permanent
Category: Sales and Marketing
Consultant: Amy Shurden
Start date: Asap
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 per annum plus Bonus, Car, Pension and 25 Days Holiday
Are you a confident new business hunter based in the North East? Have you worked for a packaging manufacturer? If 'yes' then we are looking for you!
Established for over 70 years, this global business is best known for its production of sustainable packaging solutions, predominantly for the food and drink markets.
Due to internal promotion, there is a new opportunity for a Business Development Manager to cover the North East from West Yorkshire up to the Scottish boarders. The successful candidate will be allocated some accounts to manage as a starting point; however this role is predominantly to target new business, working to grow their territory to circa £1 Million.
A proven background working for a packaging manufacturer is essential in order to have a good understanding of the design, production and print processes.
You will be a driven and self-motivated individual who is confident in winning new business. You will have sold flexible packaging, printed folding cartons, corrugated or plastics into food and/or drinks markets.
- You will have a proven background working for a packaging manufacturer
- You will have experience selling packaging into food and/or drinks markets
- Reporting to the Sales Director for the North, you will be based from home and responsible for managing your own diary and booking appointments for new business
- Effectively manage and grow existing/won accounts ensuring revenue potential is maximised
- Supported by the internal sales team, you will liaise regularly with various internal departments regarding design and production
- Produce regular reports for the Sales Director regarding targets and pipeline figures
- You will be self-motivated and driven to achieve results
- You will be confident and well presented with the ability to close a sale
- You will have strong presentation and negotiation skills
- You will be an excellent communicator at all levels
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful, global business who are continually growing and who reward employees with one of the best bonus structure and package in the industry. If this sounds like the role you have been looking for please apply now!
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. AJS893511 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job