Upcoming Food Industry Events
Food industry events offer huge opportunities for companies and individuals within the sector. They are a place to network, a place to discover new products and brands, and a way to stay in touch with the industry’s latest and greatest offerings. These are some of the upcoming food industry events you may want to attend.
- 1st – 3rd December: BBC Good Food Birmingham – this is a huge event which gathers thousands of attendees every year at the NEC. Food brands can sell their wares at a discounted price in exchange for huge exposure and guaranteed sales from the massive footfall. Demonstrations and talks also take place from chefs and industry celebrities.
- 19th – 23rd February: Gulfood Dubai World Trade Center - this event could be a great opportunity for those who are seeking international food jobs. Dubai is a vastly growing market and there are lots of positions available for experienced Westerners who can bring a new perspective to Dubai-based brands. One to attend if your heart is set on moving out here and finding work.
- 6th- 9th March: Japan Foodex – exhibitors from 80 different countries will come together at this show, now entering its 43rd opening. Both Japanese and domestic food professionals will be attending in large numbers, which means plenty of opportunities both in Japan and beyond. This is considered one of the gateways to Asian markets so a must for anyone looking to expand their offering here.
- 12th- 15th April: London Coffee Festival – yes, an entire three-day event dedicated to coffee. If that doesn’t tell you that coffee is big business, nothing will. Taking place at the Old Truman Brewery, it will see exhibitors placed alongside demonstrations, workshops, live music, art, and tasting areas. There’s a lot going on for serious coffee lovers as well as those who are part of the industry.
- 16th – 18th April: Food and Drink Expo – this event is actually something of a supergroup, with five different shows all under one roof. They are the Food and Drink Expo, The Ingredients Show, Foodex, National Convenience Show, and the Farm Shop Deli Show. It is aimed at buyers and decision makers, so food brands will want to position their offerings here for launch into market. This is less about selling items on the day, and more about signing contracts to get your products into supermarkets and food service.
- 28th – 29th April: Liverpool Food, Drink, and Lifestyle Festival – themed around spring, this festival is all about family fun and offering a great day out for local people. Others will come from further afield as the reputation of the Sefton Park event precedes it. Visitors will be able to grab bargains, and brands can exhibit to make a tidy profit as well as raising their brand awareness.
- 13th – 15th June: Pizza & Pasta Show Japan – all things Italian are to be celebrated at this event, which showcases “ingredient, equipment and services for cafe, teahouse, pizza, pasta, and bar industry”, according to their literature. This is perfect for food sales and marketing professionals who will want to get their company’s products in front of a new audience. Food service is the only option, but it could be a very lucrative market.
There are plenty more food events going on year-round, from small local shows to big national expos across the world. If you are interested in working in the food industry, or need to keep up to date with it for your current position, then these are fantastic opportunities to do so. They’re great for foodies too!