Focus Management Consultants
This job is now CLOSED – for similar roles please check the Procurement & Purchasing function.
This is a unique opportunity as the Senior Buyer to drive forward the indirect and packaging spend agenda for a leading International branded food business.
My client is a global manufacturing business supplying into all of the major retailers and foodservice sector. They’ve been on an exciting journey over recent years and with a new leadership team in place it’s a great opportunity to join this progressive, well-respected organisation.
I’m looking for a strategic procurement professional to manage the UK spend across general services/packaging. You’ll work closely with the senior management team developing and managing internal and supplier relationships. Driving all aspects of commercial negotiations, you’ll ensure the best end to end deal for the business. You will be wholly responsible for all areas of UK indirect spend across this multi-site business, spanning General Services, Engineering, CAP EX and Maintenance spend.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Define, execute, and implement sourcing strategies for indirect spend across the UK business, delivering best value in terms of quality, price, cost, service, innovation, and support
- Work with other Purchasing Managers across the European business to assist in the preparation of tenders and implementation of plans for their categories
- Work with varying stakeholders overcoming any quality service or other issues and ensuring no interruptions in day-to-day business
- Prepare annual budgets for all categories
- Continually seek commercial advantage throughout the company and help other budget holders achieve their targets
You will be educated to degree level and have substantial indirect/packaging procurement experience within a multi-site, FMCG business. A real influencer, you need evidence of exposure to categories across all areas of corporate spend with a strong track record of results. Your stakeholder management skills will be your key strength with the ability to work across multiple categories in a complex, fast-paced business. A true category management approach to procurement is essential. Food industry experience would be a real advantage.
The business is based around the Rotherham area, and you will need to be in the office at least three days a week.
To apply please send your details through to me today.