Focus Management Consultants
This job is now CLOSED – for similar roles please check the Procurement & Purchasing function.
Come and join a leading business who are currently going through an exciting period of growth and change.
This is a great opportunity for an ingredients purchasing professional to join a business with a reputation for achieving real growth and success in its market. To meet this growth, they are looking for an ambitious procurement professional with a strong track record of success in the food industry.
It’s a fast-moving business calling for someone highly commercial with a good background of buying from a diverse supply base. From day one you’ll be responsible for a large spend across high volume, commodity-based ingredients.
Key responsibilities include: –
- Managing new and existing relationships with suppliers to maintain competitive edge across all ingredients
- Use trends and forecasts to manage stock holding and ensure efficient stock levels are maintained at all times across all sites
- Provide pivotal link between the site NPD and Technical teams
- Develop, collect and report all relevant market information to key internal stakeholders
- Track commodity pricing information in order to support commercial and business objectives
A big part of the role will be operational, looking at developing ethical and sustainable supplier relationships, rationalising suppliers, controlling risks, forecast pricing whilst ensuring that long-term strategies are in place.
You will need proven procurement experience within the food industry with a strong background in ingredients.
Great communication and negotiation skills are a must as you’ll be working closely with senior level stakeholders and suppliers. The ability to work at pace is essential so you’ll need to be highly motivated and driven. This role would suit an ambitious and driven FMCG procurement professional who is keen to take the next step up in their career. The business is growing in exciting new areas and this role offers fantastic challenges, rewards and support.
To apply please send your CV through to me, Hannah, today.