Focus Management Consultants
This is a great time to join a sector leader in a broad inbound logistics role.
This is an excellent role in which to build your supply chain / logistics career. You will be working with a business that has won a recent sustainability award so you can be assured of working for an organisation that does the right things in the right ways.
This Import Co-ordinator position will see you have plenty of variety as the products are shipped from all corners of the globe allowing you plenty of breadth and variety in the interesting products you will be working with.
This type of role will give you an excellent grounding for career development but also because it will be working as part of a smaller team you will learn more about the wider supply chain functions & ways of working too.
Some aspects of the role will include;
- Building rapport with suppliers all over the world to enable timely receipt of accurate documentation
- Track all shipments from point of origin to receipt in warehouses. Ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved promptly to reduce delay and costs
- Learning and understanding commodity codes, preferential duty rates, import VAT, rules of origin and import custom procedures
- Preparing and submitting custom declarations ensuring they are completed correctly and in line with government regulations
- Arranging transportation of containers from port, ensuring they are collected in a timely manner to minimise costs and stock shortages
- Working closely with internal stakeholders including procurement, technical, sales and finance to ensure high levels of communication and ultimately high-quality output to our customers
- Building professional relationships with shipping lines, freight forwarders, third party warehouses and port authorities to ensure efficiencies
Want to work with an industry leading business and help develop your logistics & supply chain career?
Please apply for this Import Co-ordinator by sending your CV to Dominic.
Apply now for more details.