Focus Management Consultants
Great opportunity to join the senior leadership team of a successful, multi-site food business.
My client is a leading manufacturer of prepared meal solutions, supplying into the UK’s leading food retailers. They are now looking for an experienced food procurement expert to join the business as Head of Procurement. You will form part of the Senior Leadership Team and manage a team of talented individuals and your overall aim will be to deliver Best in Class procurement performance across your individual business unit.
You’ll be heading up the short shelf-life product category managing a large spend, a complex supply base in challenging, unpredictable market conditions. Working in partnership with the Board, suppliers, internal stakeholders, and collaboratively with the NPD, Technical, and Replenishment teams you’ll drive excellence within the business and, in turn, to the customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- To lead and develop the Procurement Strategy and function within your Category
- Establish and maintain supplier partnerships with key supplier partners
- Monitor key commodities and define strategic sourcing requirements
- Negotiate best terms and cost prices
- Identify, lead, and manage cost saving initiatives
- Work with key stakeholders to aid business vision and goals
- Develop suppliers to meet both short-, medium- and long-term business requirements
You will need in-depth knowledge of the supplier markets in the fresh produce/short shelf-life sector and have experience of working within a matrix led procurement function of a food manufacturing environment. You’ll have previous senior management and leadership experience and the ability to work as part of a high functioning team.
Successful professionals will need varied category knowledge across a wide range of short shelf-life products across a multi-site environment. In return, you’ll receive a highly attractive salary, generous car allowance, bonus plus a range of other benefits.
You will be expected to be in the office in the East Midlands at least four days a week.
To apply please send me, Hannah, your details today.