Are you currently interviewing for NPD jobs or Food Development Jobs?
Are you on the lookout for a job that challenges, excites and motivates you? There are so many reasons to consider being part of an NPD team. But the main recurring theme with anyone we speak to is that it isn’t just a job; it’s your chance to shape a company’s future.
In an NPD job you could be deploying strategies to launch new products, develop them to meet customer needs, and be involved in cost-efficient product operations. You’ll constantly have the opportunity to innovate, keep up to date with the latest developments, and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Pursuing Development jobs can be a fantastic step in your career growth as you will be driving the development of new products and helping to shape the future of your company.
Interview preparation for NPD jobs and Food Development Jobs
In addition to the usual preparation you would do for any job interview, in NPD you need to show you have researched the company’s products. Just reading up on their website is not enough.
- Have you been out and bought the products in the supermarket and tasted them?
- Have you looked at their competitors and the offering in other retailers?
- Have you got positive and constructive opinions on their concepts that you can discuss?
- Have you thought about the ingredients used, nutritional content, allergens, manufacturing processes?
- Have you researched the latest trends within that product category?
- Can you demonstrate a real interest and passion for the products they make and show how you can add value?
When interviewing for any NPD role through us at Focus, we will help with your preparation, share industry knowledge and ensure you have the best chance of being offered the job. We will support you through the process from start to finish.
Visit our latest in NPD jobs.