General Manager, Meat Processing, Australia
County / State: Australia
Job type: Permanent
Consultant: Dave Broadbent
Start date: Asap
Salary: AUD 200,000 Plus Superannuation and Benefits
Play a key role in taking an established business to the next level with a fantastic opportunity with one of Australia’s leading fresh meat processors.
This established business has grown to be one of Australia’s largest privately owned meat operations. Having recently established an abattoir in South West, New South Wales the company runs three processing sites including a pork de-boning facility and a case ready facility. The business serves a wide variety of markets including supermarket, retail, distributor, Manufacturing and export. This role will be best suited to an experienced meat professional preferably from the pork industry with senior management experience.
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the General Manager will manage the day to day operations of the pork de-boning facility including but not limited to Production, Maintenance and Engineering & Quality assurance
- Responsible for meeting Key Performance indicators as agreed upon with COO
- Tasked with meeting budgetary expectations, increasing yield, ensuring site safety and above all product quality
Member of the company Senior Leadership Team
You candidate will ideally have the following attributes and qualifications:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Significant experience within the meat industry from an operational level through to management
- Significant General Manufacturing Management experience with the ability to set manufacturing standards, KPI’s and structure production to accommodate customer requirements
- Strong mentoring capabilities in order to up skill all teams across the operation
- Exceptional communication skills
You can anticipate an excellent salary package coupled with a secure, long term opportunity within a growing family owned company. You can expect strong support from the wider business in order to realise your vision and to help grow the operation to its full potential.
REF. DRB893528a By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job