Product Development Assistant, Food, Surrey
Location: South East
County / State: Surrey
Job type: Permanent
Consultant: Nicole Moloney
Start date: Asap
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 per annum
If you have recently graduated in Food, have some exposure to working in product development and are passionate about confectionery then get in touch.
My client is looking to bring in a bright foodie to assist the wider team in sourcing and delivering products that help the business achieve its business growth ambitions, in terms of market penetration, sales turnover, and margin contribution.
You’ll be supporting the team in all aspects of bringing products to market - from developing concepts right through to an on-time product launch against seasonal, all year round and tactical briefs.
You’ll be the contact for issues concerning the products you’re working on, keeping others informed of any outcomes, and making sure that all stakeholder requirements are met, where possible, and managing expectations when not.
Project Management skills are crucial in this role as you will be responsible for keeping projects / tasks on track and the administration to ensure products comply with food standards. You will be working in a small team, no two days will be the same, your role will involve liaising with colleagues within the business from sales to operations to ensure successful outcomes.
- Analyse market and competitor trends to identify gaps and recommending new propositions, line extension or product renovation to keep us ahead of the game
- Identify and source raw materials, ingredients, and finished products from external suppliers to meet product specifications;
- Ensure that all products meet technical, price and production parameters and correctly costed
- Draft and check product specifications, labelling and documentation for sign off
- Keep up to date with changes to legislation and new research and ensuring all products are fully compliant and legal
- Manage multiple projects to tight time lines and to critical paths across a range of product formats and suppliers
- Conduct research as required and finally undertaking other sales and marketing activities as requested
To apply you will ideally have a degree in food, or equivalent, and at least a year's industry experience. You must be passionate about food especially confectionery. As well as the ability to communicate with people at all levels within the business, as you will be working in a small team in an open plan office, so building rapport is vital, with high levels of energy and resilience for when the going gets tough. You will be methodical, and enjoy working your way through processes, developing critical paths, recording information accurately and tracking progress to stay on plan. The ideal applicant will have a keen eye for numbers as you will need to tightly manage budgets and create accurate costings based on material costs through to RRP to meet the business and customer margin expectations
Get in touch today for further information on this fantastic opportunity.
REF. NCM893684a By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job