Print & Artwork Technician, Industrial Placement/Grad Opp.
Location: West Midlands
County / State: Shropshire
Consultant: Roger Elliott
Start date: Asap
Salary: £15,000 - £20,000 per annum plus Benefits Package
Print and Artwork Technician - Industrial Placement/Graduate opportunity available – 12-months FTC
This organisation has an enviable reputation within the food industry for their extensive and well-renowned product range.
The business is looking to appoint a graduate or a current student as Print and Artwork Technician to the packaging development department for a 12-month industrial placement. Starting in early August, this organisation will give you valuable first-hand experience within a fast-paced packaging environment.
If you’re passionate about packaging and are keen to understand the journey from concept design to product on shelf this is a brilliant way to learn. You’ll work within the Artwork & Print team and experience extensive on the job training from the team.
You can expect to –
- Learn about packaging materials, decoration and print processes
- Be exposed to the artwork refinement & repro process, making it print ready for a variety of print processes and substrates
- Learn what restricts design and print
- Practice Colour management using proofers and spectro’s
- Gain a working knowledge of print profiles, pantones, artwork & repro files
- Understand the role responsibilities of other stakeholders in the process, this includes - Marketing, Design Agencies and Repro Agencies
You’ll be directly involved with a variety of key projects and additionally support with day to day activities including -
- The set up of artwork on the correct printing profiles, to prepare them for printing for marketing and other department approval
- Reviewing artwork at all stages of the project from concept to final files
- Supporting the print team to ensure approvals are ready for design and packaging changes, internally and externally
- Reviewing print samples in line with business quality tolerances
- Measuring colour on samples and proofs to ensure it fits with tolerance levels
For this role it’s essential you have knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop) and are MAC literate.
If you’re a current university student looking for an industrial placement as part of your degree or a graduate looking for your first role within the food/packaging industry then please apply now.
REF. RAE894760 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job