Shift Manager, Bakery/Confectionery, Cheshire
Location: North West
County / State: Cheshire
Job type: Permanent
Consultant: Dave Broadbent
Start date: Asap
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Baker or Confectioner looking for your next move into production management? If so this role could be for you.
This Shift Manager position is with a company that has made major investments into their facilities over the last few years. They manufacture a wide range of savoury and sweet bakery, as well as confectionery which is supplied to major wholesale and foodservice customers across the UK. Their state of the art facilities produce millions of products each year and they are looking for skilled Bakers/Confectioners to join the team and help manage this facility.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for teams of around 50. The factory has a mix of highly automated lines with robotic cutting and packaging, as well as hand-finished artisan products. You will be required to supervise this production ensuring all mixing, baking, decorating and packing is done to the highest standards, identifying and rectifying any issues as they arise.
- Management and development of production team
- Delivery of production plan while maintaining product quality
- Ensuring health and safety of the team and any on site visitors
- Monitor KPI's and drive improvements
For this role it is essential that you have:
- A background in bakery or confectionery production
- Good leadership skills and confidence to challenge people when necessary
- Experience of leading a team within a food manufacturing site
- Understanding of HACCP and food safety law
If you are interested in taking the next step in your career in the food sector then send your CV today.
REF. DRB894325 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job