Senior Procurement Manager, Northern Home Counties
£80,000 - £85,000 GBP per annum plus Excellent Bonus & Benefits
REF: HLJ896006Apply for this position
Branded food business looking for a strong and influential food procurement professional. If you’re looking for a fresh challenge, keep reading…
This is a newly created role for a hugely popular global food business who have seen continued growth during lockdown. The pace here is frenetic ensuring that the business delivers the right products at the right time whilst maintaining their market leading position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the direct procurement function whilst providing inspirational leadership and supporting the Head of Procurement to drive savings and execute the long-term strategic plan. The role will be responsible for shielding the business from inflationary pressures and build a world class procurement function.
- Line management of two Procurement Managers
- Full understanding of key cost drivers within the supply base and articulate market conditions clearly with a future looking view
- Succinctly demonstrate the inter-relationships of various commodity markets and present this in a clearly understood way
- Utilise and leverage relevant industry contacts
- Establish a new norm for supplier negotiations and help set supplier expectations
- Strengthen existing category strategies
- Coaching and development of the wider procurement team
- Clear articulation of plans and progress
We’re looking for someone with relevant procurement experience and a couple of years working as a people manager in a senior role. You’ll need real strength of character and resilience with the presence, personality, and gravitas to influence at Board level. You’ll currently be working within the food industry and have a business-oriented degree and ideally be CIPs qualified.
To apply send your details through to me today.
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778Apply for this position