R&D Application Chef, East Midlands
£40,000 - £70,000 per annum plus plus benefits and relocation support
REF: FTL895745aApply for this position
This is different. Its exciting and it’s an opportunity any successful Development Chef or creative culinary genius needs to consider. Come on 2021!!!
You are to be the owner of the culinary concept for RD&A plant-based team for this business. The go-to Developer for the Plant-based scene across two major departments for this company.
So, here’s the deal; you’ll be working between two sites initially… starting in the Midlands where you will work closely with the plant-based experts within NPD, and then you’ll be setting up home in Ireland! If that is impossible for you, then you will be commuting weekly over to the Emerald Isle (hope you’re not scared of flying?).
The induction period at the first site will provide insights and training that’ll be critical in you delivering your role in Ireland, 6-12 months later.
A commercial mind-set is needed here, as is the ability to research and develop food that goes beyond standard conventions. We’re looking to you as the expert when it comes to flavour and food that will marry up to nutrition and commercially sound products within the plant-based category.
Here’s what you need, to love and live this role to the full…
- Problem solving at a high level. Handling multiple data sources as you consider development strategies for new culinary concepts
- Comfortable working independently and cross functionally with Chefs, Scientists and Technologists
- Capable of creating and delivering insightful presentations, preparing culinary samples to deadlines
- Being on-top of new tech and food trends that introduce novel concepts and/or new opportunities, whilst being commercially viable
- Ultimately being the ‘go to’ specialist for all things plant-based; research, future trends and innovations unlocking the plant-based opportunities
- Recipe development that unlocks plant-based opportunities
- The ability to combine strategic and creative thinking as you support concepts over a broad spectrum for long-term innovation pipelines.
You are a strategic thinker, creative and technologically savvy Chef– this position will really be a journey, but not suitable for journeymen. This will need patience, persistence, tenacity, and a will to win every single day. You might have ticked the boxes above but do consider the long-term nature of this role and the personal investment in time and energy you will make for it.
Culinary expertise is non-negotiable here. You need to come from a high-end background and ideally have worked successfully over a sustained period within high-end dishes and their ingredients. New Product Development experience within a food manufacturer is hugely beneficial, but if you have genuine potential to unlock that will be considered too. An aptitude for learning is crucial here.
You’ll have an inquisitive mind, never standing still. You’ll really relish research and take pride investigating new recipes and how food ingredients interact with plant-based formulation processes. ‘Self-starter’ doesn’t really do it justice. Your constant desire to create, explore and analyse ideas and recipes will serve you well in this position.
it’s not for someone unsure where they want their career to go. But, if you are definite about the plant-based category and you know that you can make a genuinely positive and impactful contribution, then we want to hear from you.
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778
Linkedin @Focus Management Consultants
Apply for this position