Quality Manager, Spalding
Location: East Midlands
County / State: Lincolnshire
Job type: Permanent
Consultant: Nicole Moloney
Start date: Asap
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 GBP per annum
Do you want to be part of a leading food group in the UK? my client is looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join their site in Spalding.
My client is BRC A accredited and they supply premium delicious highly innovative products to the major retailers. They are highly successful with a turnover of over £50m and have invested heavily in recent years to bring in further automation to the site.
Fed up of working shifts? Then this would be perfect for you Monday – Friday 8.30 - 5.
Reporting to the Technical Controller, you will be responsible for managing seven direct reports, five QA’s and two Sampling Technicians. As a Quality Manager you will be accountable for providing guidance and on-going support to facilitate compliance with Quality/Regulatory policies, Food Safety Programs (HACCP) procedures and product specifications with primary focus on factory floor activities.
You will be measuring performance against defined corporate and customer policies, Quality, Food Safety Standards, QMS documents and Product Specifications through independent auditing. Promoting a high standard of awareness and an understanding at site level of all appropriate policies, procedures and product specifications will be high on your agenda. Liaising with other departments to find practical solutions for corrective actions, applying root cause analysis where required in order to prevent reoccurrence and promote Continuous Improvement will also be a key part of your role.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Facilitating Continuous Improvement
- Managing quality assurance
- Ensuring Training and support are in place to deliver the Quality standards required
- Ensure GMP are in place to support the production of high quality products
- Manage Factory Audits (Including Customer and 3rd Party)
- Manage issues/incidents from start to finish
My client is looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- Someone who can manage their time well and work under pressure
- Team facilitation/coaching
- Good negotiation skills
- An excellent problem solver
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to meet deadlines
- Good relationship building both internally and externally
Apply today to be considered for this role.
REF. NCM893587 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job