Production Planner, Nottinghamshire
Location: East Midlands
County / State: Nottinghamshire
Job type: Permanent
Consultant: Zoe Gmaj
Start date: Asap
Salary: £25,000 - £25,700 GBP per annum
We are seeking an experienced Production Planner with expertise of planning a large number of ingredients for multi-component food product manufacturing.
As a Planner within this business you will be an integral part of the supply chain, co-ordinating, forecasting, planning, adapting and communicating a busy production schedule to deliver the highest quality food product on time and in full for large UK retailer customers daily. This is not just a job, this is a career and a business that will help you to develop and progress in a fast-paced, exciting and varied environment. A busy team that get results!
Due to internal promotion we are seeking an experienced Production Planner to communicate customer orders using IS and planning systems. You will report in to the wider Planning team and will be responsible for scheduling manufacturing and supply of WIP (Work in Progress) for product assembly.
- Identify areas to minimise waste and maximise efficiency within the production plan
- Process customer orders
- Communicate orders and changes to wider supply chain, production and commercial teams
- Create production plan
- Utilise stock levels and daily plans to cross check and re-plan / prioritise work when concessions are raised or orders changed
- Create and issue daily coding plan
- Check outside storage stock levels
- Send reports of stock levels vs orders received to Despatch teams for any promotional activity
- Communicate any issues / risks
- Maintain planning systems
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role, ideally within food planning / scheduling and will demonstrate excellent IT and communication skills. Proficiency in Excel is essential. You will be a completer finished, be a true problem solver, who gives solutions and actions them and will be able to manage time effectively under pressure.
If this is you apply today!
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. ZEG893508 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job