Product Developer, Food, Surrey
Location: South East
County / State: Surrey
Job type: Permanent
Category: New Product Development
Consultant: Nicole Moloney
Start date: Asap
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Product Developer / Senior Development Technologist to join a successful branded food business in Surrey.
Exciting opportunity for an experienced food developer to join a family run business based in Surrey. My client produces award-winning brands which can be purchased in department stores and premium retail businesses in the UK; they also export to over fifteen countries across several hundred product lines.
The business is growing and as a result they are looking to recruit a Product Developer to manage strategic NPD projects for a number of customers in the UK as well as support the international market.
The role will involve managing multiple projects right from initial concept through to product launch against seasonal, all year round briefs. You would be the main point of contact for the projects / briefs you are working on and therefore must be confident in delivering projects on time and in full. As well as NPD work you will also be responsible for re-developing lines. The ideal candidate will therefore need to have strong project management, negotiation, presentation and numeracy skills.
Day to day responsibilities will include
- Working internally with the sales and operations team to ensure projects run to timescale
- Keeping abreast of the market and competitor benchmarking
- Sourcing raw materials, ingredients and finished products from external suppliers to meet product specifications
- Draft, check and sign off product specifications and labelling documentation
- Ensure that all products meet technical, price and production parameters and are correctly costed
- Presenting products to potential customer and undertaking marketing and sales activities as requested
To apply my client is looking for someone
- Who is passionate about food and developing highly innovative products.
- Has previous experience of working with branded products (desirable)
- With have a food related degree, or equivalent, and several years' experience of developing new products and re-developing existing lines for retail customers in the UK
- With a strong head for managing budgets and margins
- Who has previous experience of developing and presenting products to retail customers
REF. NCM893684 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job