Packaging Technologist - 12 month FTC - Food - County Durham
£23,000 - £26,000 per annum
REF: NCM895425Apply for this position
Experienced Packaging Technologist required to cover a 12 month maternity cover role to start asap.
My client urgently requires a packaging technologist to join their site in the north east on a 12 month contract to cover maternity leave.
This role would suit a recent graduate who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and is keen to learn more about the process involved in developing products from concept to launch.
You must be available to start asap - November 2019
- Reporting into the Head of Packaging Development, you will be responsible for managing relationships with design houses to support development of good practice.
- Responsible for improving the printing process and quality of reprographics.
- Brief artwork, create and maintain cutter guides, coordinate packaging redesign projects on current SKUs and manage new film changeovers on site.
- Support the NPD process to bring new products to market with trials and transit support.
- Manage timelines for packaging printing (FTP) and introduction on site.
- Support day to day issues with site packaging, supporting QA and operations
- Develop an understanding of the packaging products to improve operational line efficiency and product efficacy.
- Ensure all existing packaging is fit for purpose, compliant with technical and legal requirements, specifications developed and held electronically for access
- Deliver packaging cost saving and rationalisation projects
- Build supplier relationships to increase packaging knowledge of industry trends and competitors for the business.
To apply you will ideally have a degree and experience of working within packaging within the food industry.
Hours – 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob