National Account Manager – 12 month FTC – Food
Competitive salary with Car Allowance
REF: NCM895866Apply for this position
My client is in urgent need of an experienced National Account Manager to join the business on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
You must have experience of working as a National Account Manager managing one of the top 5 retailer accounts.
My client is a global food manufacturer with a number of brands ranked at number 1 in Great Britain.
They are looking for an experienced National Account Manager, you will ideally have own label and branded experience and be used to managing multiple customers. You must be available to join the business within the next 4-8 weeks on a 12 month fixed term contract. An individual that loves a challenge, loves food, commercially minded, and works well in a fast-paced environment.
You will be working in a category that has grown significantly in the last three years and has become one of the market leaders in its space. This role will be a hybrid of managing national top 5 accounts but also with the opportunity to develop new business.
This role will be a combination of working from the head office (2 days a week), home
working with some travel to sites / customers.
Reporting into the Sales Lead you will be responsible for:
- The delivery of Sales & Margin budget targets for a designated Customer(s) portfolio
- Negotiating and implementing customer trade plans that are bought into by all stakeholders and reflect the sales, profit & brand objectives for the business
- Delivery of customer plans aligned with Brand and Channel strategies, including ownership of sales and margin targets, distribution and activation plans, a stakeholder wiring plan and NPD listing and implementation
- Actively work with Demand Planning to ensure that the customer sales forecast is accurately reflected in the business sales forecast
- Keep the business informed of up to date account, channel and competitor developments.
- Co-ordinate and communicate with all relevant functions to ensure the correct level of contact and resource given to specific accounts and projects
- Ensure all price and commercial agreements are aligned to the business strategies and fully implemented with the customer
- Work with the Trade Marketing team to develop activation plans (promotion/trade marketing)
- Experience in building and implementing JBPs and trade plans
- Understanding of key commercial metrics for both supplier and retailer and proven ability to build profitable commercial plans
- Proven knowledge of retailer strategies and objectives
- Ability to work with multiple external and internal stakeholders, categories and brands to effectively manage workload, opportunities and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to convey concepts in an articulate way
- Motivated to pursue new opportunities and explore new routes to market
- Confidence, resilience and determination
- Can flex style easily; strong written and verbal communication
Get in touch today for further information you must be available to start this role before the end of June
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778
Apply for this position