Junior Category Purchasing Manager, Field based (South East)
Location: South East and London
County / State: London
Job type: Permanent
Consultant: Hannah Jackson
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum plus Car and Benefits
An opportunity to join a leader in the hospitality field.
I'm looking for an ambitious, determined Buyer with food procurement experience who will be a key part of this leading contract catering business. You be a key member of the category team driving medium and long-term category plans for the hospitality area. You'll be accountable for agreeing and setting budgets and promotional plans and will be targeted on delivering margins and sales growth within the hospitality area. you will need to have a real passion for food and a strong track record of delivering margin enhancing promotional activity and driving innovation with the help of new product development and technical colleagues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the category buying team to deliver commercial objectives
- Manage the relationship with suppliers and identity new and innovative suppliers
- Drive efficiency improvements with the supply base
- Our client has an excellent reputation in the food industry for its extensive, quality product range. It is a highly innovative business, bringing the latest food trends first to market
- You will need to demonstrate first-class negotiation skills, excellent commercial awareness and have analytical experience
The role will involve working closely across business functions and you need to have strong relationship building skills and the ability to influence others.
This position would suit a Buyer who is passionate about food and the latest trends with a real quality focus. You will need to nurture, develop and monitor performance of suppliers whilst exceeding commercial objectives.
This is a challenging role in a high-performance environment so we are seeking a talented individual looking to progress their career within a leading business.
To be considered for this opportunity you will be educated to degree level, or equivalent, and have a passion for the food industry.
To apply please send your details through to me today.
Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjobApply for this job