Interim Process Engineer, FMCG, Cheshire, Outside of IR35
£350 - £450 GBP per day
REF: NCM45895Apply for this position
Unique and challenging opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast moving, innovative impact business “about to boom”.
My client is a biotech, social, and environmental impact start-up focused on developing sustainable packaging.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Interim Process / Chemical Engineer to work with them during the next stage of their growth.
Location: Remote working until May, then onsite at the processing plant in Cheshire from Mid-May to Mid-September.
Contract length: 6-months to start with the possibility of future work.
You will work closely with COO and Senior Engineer for process robustness for current commercial products.
- Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety Policy in all aspects of supply chain operations
- Heavy involvement in the process development phase including equipment and process selection for pilot trials and the full-scale plant design
- Analyse, optimise and design product recovery processes
- Hands-on involvement in process development and scale up trials, ensuring all risk assessments are thoroughly conducted and the findings implemented
- Ensure all aspects of the design are considered e.g. safety, food safety, compliance, energy efficiency, operability, maintainability
- Develop and write comprehensive reports of processing activity and achievements for senior management and the board
- Develop standard operating procedures for new processes
- Conducting Risk Assessments and driving risk mitigation activities
- Responsible for pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
This is an excellent opportunity for a Chemical / Process Engineer who is Interested in pushing the boundaries of materials and engineering whilst mitigating climate change?
This is a hands-on role requiring an evidenced based approach to design and decision making. They are looking for someone who can hit the ground running as over the next few months, they will finalise the process development phase, then complete design build phases. They plan to have 5-7 processing facilities by 2030, so standardisation of design and execution methodology will be required.
- An Engineering degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a Food Processing and/or Bio-refining environment
- Experience of bio-refinery down-stream processing technologies including extraction techniques, dewatering, separation, membrane filtration, evaporation, and drying
- Ability to think creatively to improve on process and plans, and develop creative and effective solutions to challenges in this emerging industry
- Hands-on experience in exploiting automation systems to enhance the performance of food processing equipment and processes
- Commissioning and validation experience
- Experience in developing HAZOP’s and SOP’s
- Ideally, experience in food safe design, HACCP and FSCC 22000
- Experience of Lean manufacturing, particularly at design stage would be an advantage
Avoid missing out by applying now.
REF. NCM45895Apply for this position