Head of Technical, 6 - 9mths FTC, Food, West Midlands
£65,000 - £75,000 GBP per annum (Pro Rata)
REF: NCM46122Apply for this position
If you are an experienced Head of Technical in the food industry looking for your next challenge, please get in touch.
My client is a leading chilled food manufacturing company who is looking for an experienced Head of Technical to join them on a 6-9 month contract, to cover maternity leave.
You will form part of the leadership team and report into the MD. You will be responsible for leading the Technical and Hygiene teams to ensure that products are manufactured to meet the food safety and quality standards required both by law and by their customers through verification of standards. The successful professional will be a natural leader who is experienced at managing and developing people and have quality at the forefront of everything you do. Driving technical standards and governance in line with best practice. A confidant communicator you will be experienced at managing third-party relationships and accreditations.
So, if you are an experienced Head of Technical looking for your next challenge in a fast-paced environment, then get in contact with me. To apply you will need to be a personable individual with excellent people management skills to enable continuity for the technical department.
Experience & Qualifications
- Broad experience gained from working in the chilled food industry
- Detailed knowledge of the major retailers and the technical standards required by them, as well as HACCP, auditing, BRC etc.
- In-depth knowledge of third-party accreditation standards
- Customer and supplier engagement
- Experience of working and achieving results cross-functionally in a Continuous Improvement culture
Personal Qualities & Attributes
- Strong communication, organisation, planning, and problem-solving skills
- A tenacious nature in order to ensure that all areas of the business adhere to QA systems and procedures
- Work in partnership with Production and Commercial colleagues in a business development context to ensure sufficient planning and consideration is given to food safety, quality, and legality when introducing new SKUs or seeking new business
- Excellent communication, team working and leadership skills
Tel: +44(0)1625 560 778Apply for this position