Head of Production - London
£60,000 - £70,000 GBP per annum
South East and London
REF: DJF45737Apply for this position
We are delighted to be partnered with a highly ambitious Food Production start-up who are looking for a Head of Production to join their exciting journey!
Our client is an investor backed food start up led by highly experienced founders in gastronomy and technology who are passionate about great food, sustainability, and quality.
Innovative in their approach, this exciting business are creating delicious products in their own, unique way!
- As Head of Production, you will be accountable for ensuring the smooth running of our brand new, state of the art production facility.
- This role is all about people and process, you will be leading a small team across production, packing and quality and have strategic processes in place to ensure targets are achieved.
- You will have direct accountability of all Operations including Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Technical compliance, Health and Safety, Environmental considerations, and Engineering.
- You will be influential leader and mentor, embedding a strong culture across the team that mirror our clients core values.
My client is a highly ambitious start-up, and the Head of production will play an instrumental part in commissioning and growing the business! So, whilst Operations will be your core focus, you will undoubtedly be involved, with a whole range of other focuses including HR, Recruitment, Procurement and Product Innovation to highlight just a few.
The Ideal candidate
- You will be a well-rounded, seasoned Operations Manager, with several years’ experience working within the food manufacturing space, essentially chilled food production.
- To be a success in this post you will have gravitas in abundance and extremely strong leadership qualities with proven experience of building and growing effective teams and sites.
- You will be able to point to real live examples of where you have delivered excellence in operational processes. Whilst the role is bed rocked in Production, there is an expectation the successful candidate will help the founders set the agenda for the broader business.
- We will be looking for experience of or knowledge in other related disciplines. Not exclusively but including Health and Safety, Engineering, QA, Demand Planning and Logistics.
- You will be pragmatic and focused on the output – being prepared to dive deep into the detail and get stuck in! Just as importantly, you will be passionate about great food.
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778Apply for this position