Head of Procurement Operations & Strategy – Food Manufacturing
Highly Attractive Salary + Car + Bonus + Benefits
REF: HLJ895435Apply for this position
A newly created role within a leading fmcg business.
This is an exciting time to join this leading food business in a newly creased role. My client are currently recruiting for Head of Procurement Operations and Strategy in a newly created role within this large multi site business.
Looking after a team of Business Procurement Managers, you’ll ensure team ownership for the site level Procurement Agenda. Ensure the team plan and deliver their individual Purchase Price Variance and Profit Improvement Plan and lead Supplier Performance measurement at a site level. Working closely with central procurement you’ll understand and deliver the strategic and operational needs of the business whilst ensuring central projects are effectively managed through the business. A big part of the role will be supporting the teams with implementing supplier led innovation, complying to group systems and ensuring standardized and robust reporting methods are in place.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team ensuring that the business are adhering to the correct supplier selection meeting the necessary business objectives [Financial, Technical, Customer].
- Develop robust, long, medium and short term plans with the Procurement Leadership Team and ensure sites provide the group with an accurate financial forecast to enable businesses to forecast effectively.
- Ensure the business procurement managers and controllers take ownership for implementing and maintaining group contracts
- Coach, train and motivate direct reports, to ensure individuals are stretched to their full potential
Candidates will need previous experience within a senior procure role and able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and their effectiveness in managing a team. Other key skills include:
- Track record of financial delivery within a business
- To be able to influence stakeholders at all levels, including the customers
- Need to demonstrate the ability to deliver the highest performance standards for self and team.
- The ability to make difficult decisions and to take a calm & measured approach in an often pressured environment which often involves working to tight deadlines to overcome and achieve results.
- Willingness to travel, extensively within the UK, with occasional overseas
To apply please send your details through to me today
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob