Fish Buyer, Food Manufacturing, Home based with travel
£40,000 - £45,000 GBP per annum plus Car Allowance and Benefits
REF: HLJ895973Apply for this position
This is a great opportunity to bring your knowledge of fish procurement to a large international business.
My client is a leading fish and seafood supplier supplying the freshest seafood products to customers from local ports and world markets. Sustainability is key for them as a business, and they now have an exciting opportunity to join and support it’s highly motivated Buying Team priding itself on sourcing some of the core British coast species.
As part of the central fresh buying team, sourcing mainly British species at market leading prices to allow profitable growth for the business, buying better and smarter than our competitors. Whilst this role is homebased, you will need to travel to the Head Office on a weekly basis.
- Negotiate best price on key product categories
- Develop new entrepreneurial commercial opportunities in Foodservice, Wholesale and other markets – growing sales and margin – trading operation
- Find and develop new sources/products both in the UK and internationally
- Ensure product quality and availability standards are met
- Develop strategic partnerships with supplier base through ownership and account management of key specie/suppliers
- Provide insight into future pricing and market intelligence
- Find and develop new areas and market opportunities
You will need to have experience in a Buying role within fresh category areas. Fish experience would be highly advantageous, but a key element of the role is the ability to build long term relationships with supplier and have strong communication and negotiation skills. The role will give you real autonomy whilst being part of a multi-site organisation and a global group.
You can be home based for this role but will need to have the flexibility to travel in the UK and Internationally.
To apply please send your details through to me today.
REF. HLJ895973Apply for this position