Factory Manager, Tyne and Wear
Location: North East
County / State: Tyne and Wear
Job type: Permanent
Consultant: Zoe Gmaj
Start date: Asap
Salary: £60,000 - £85,000 GBP per annum plus Package
Reporting direct to the CEO this is an outstanding opportunity to manage a multi-million pound turnover food manufacturing site in the North East...
We are seeking a dynamic and inspirational leader with a proven track record of managing a food manufacturing site and delivering results, improvements and change. This is a real opportunity to drive standards and lead the site to consistently deliver short and long-term operational goals.
The site is a £30million+ turnover facility with over 300 staff it manufactures a variety of product SKUs and is part of a global business. The site does have challenges so this role would suit someone who likes a challenge, and likes to drive change, negotiating and influencing and utilising expertise to bring improvement. Particular areas of focus include operational downtime and waste.
This role reports direct to the CEO of the business and holds autonomy for the whole site. The role will include but not be limited to:
- Drive high standards of product safety and quality
- Champion WCM (World Class Manufacturing) throughout the site
- Encourage, lead and embed a Continuous Improvement culture
- Promote a H&S culture ensuring a safe working environment and "safety first"
- Maintain product safety and product integrity
- Strive for operational excellence ensuring the highest standards of quality of product, people and the site
- Appraise and develop the management team
- Identify skills gaps and facilitate training, development and succession planning
- Ensure managers report on HR issues, highlight trends and take action
- Challenge labour structures
- Work with Senior leadership team and HR on site labour and manning
- Promote teamwork and gain the buy in of all senior managers
- Ensure all members of teams understand company KPIs
- Chair site meetings with stakeholders
- Co-ordinate and deliver monthly meetings including Health, Safety and Well-being
- Maintain a structured approach to the delivery of production plans
- Ensure effective cost control for the site including raw materials, labour, minimisation of waste and equipment efficiency
- Promote and lead improvement activities to increase OEE of the site
- Provide data for annual budget process for all operational costs and month end
To be considered for this role you will have a proven track record of a similar role within food manufacturing and will show energy, dynamism and experience of leading change. You will be of graduate calibre and hold NEBOSHH and HACCP certifications.
Send your CV today to be considered for this Food Factory Manager job.
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. ZEG893531 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job