Development Chef - Premium Food for Retail and Restaurants
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum plus excellent pension scheme
REF: FTL895490Apply for this position
Some would say, its impossible to have restaurant quality food, manufactured.
Some, would be wrong......
Here we have a position that could be just what you need, if keeping the benefits you enjoy as a Development Chef, but with high-end quality food production that is important to you. This business has a clear focus on culinary led and customer relationships.
Allow me to begin with the reasons you should join this company;
They are small = you'll have a direct line to the Head of Commercial, so you can make decisions and have your plans fully implemented
You will be responsible for all NPD and Business Development = You'll take blue sky concepts through the factory and into the kitchens / onto the shelves of some major players in the food market
You get creative freedom = whilst collaborating with your customers' and their needs, you can lead the charge on innovation and product development
Did I mention the key accounts... a fair few = diverse and interesting to any Chef who cares about quality for as many diners eating in, or dining out.
You are a key part of the continued success and company growth = your name will be remembered and lauded as the culinary expert who influences the culinary values for this business and its customers.
Okay, that's why you want the role. But, we need to explain what we want from you;
- Must have experience working within a Food Manufacturing business as a Development Chef. Unfortunately this is a key role so there isn't the scope to train you on critical paths, retailer stage gate processes and everything else this role entails.
- Strong communication skills. Happy and confident writing and delivering visual presentations alongside taste panels for both internal and external customers
- A people person. This is role is as much about you brining your ideas to the customer as it about them being specific on briefs. We want a collaborator, not a lone-wolf
- Cross functional experience with marketing, commercial, production and supply chain ideally.
- A positive attitude (forgive the cliche) as we know that tight deadlines, constructive criticism and curve-balls can ruin your best-laid-plans.
The category covers mostly soups, sauces, and stews, with some ready meals and vegetable accompaniments too. Its a business that take you forward whilst you assist them in maintaining their excellent reputation, as they expand their reach.
I would really like to hear from you and discuss this opportunity in more detail, so if you are interested - ping me your CV and lets start talking.
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob