Category Procurement Manager – Packaging, CAP EX & Indirect
£55,000 - £60,000 GBP per annum plus Car Allowance + Benefits
REF: HLJ896023Apply for this position
A great opportunity to join a market leader in its category.
My client is a fast growing, innovative, multi site food business with a reputation for exciting products and quality. They have manufacturing facilities in the UK and EU and supply into all of the major retailers.
They are now looking for an experienced Procurement Category Manager to join the business and report into the Procurement Director.
Managing a team of five Packaging Technologists you’ll support the sites in the UK and EU and will be fully accountable for c£40m spend across all packaging, capex and indirect procurement.
Key responsibilities include
- Manage the strategic sourcing of all packaging, indirect services and CAP EX right through to post contract award and ongoing reviews.
- Achieve budget targets across your category areas of spend.
- PPV forecasting and delivery
- Manage and develop a team of Packaging Technologists
- Develop sourcing strategies
- Champion the use of e-Sourcing across the function.
- Ensure the business is at the forefront of category leading innovation.
Candidates will need extensive strategic souring experience gained on the food industry with indepth knowledge of packaging, indirect spend and ideally CAPEX. Strong negotiations skills along with a thorough understanding of total cost of ownership are key along with initiating and leading transformational change. You will be operating at a senior level so experience of reporting to Board level and strong stakeholder management skills are key.
The role is based in East Yorkshire and there is the expectation of being in the office three days a week. As a business they reward and look after employees well and offer outstanding long term opportunities for progression.
To apply please send your details through to me today.
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778Apply for this position