Category Buyer, Central London
Location: South East and London
County / State: London
Job type: Permanent
Consultant: Hannah Jackson
Start date: Asap
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum plus Bonus and Excellent Benefits
A great central London based opportunity for an ambitious Buyer with strong food procurement experience.
I'm looking for a Category Buyer with proven experience of working in the fast-paced food-to-go arena. Ideally, you will have expertise in either short life ingredient sourcing, protein and bakery buying and / or packaging development.
You will need to be highly organised, able to plan and manage both long-term and short-term projects, and find creative solutions to problems. A motivated, "can do" attitude is a must!
You'll need to be a real 'foodie’ and as passionate about food development as you are about the ingredients you source! A natural negotiator you'll enjoy building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and keeping up to date with trends and the current market.
Some key requirements include:
- Ability to demonstrate insightful business acumen and commercial awareness and have a track record of success where you have achieved and surpassed given targets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great attention to detail
- Understanding the global and local factors that will affect the organisation’s procurement activity
- You have expertise in developing strategies to offset any changes in exchange rates and inflation
- Experience of implementing effective supplier management models to strengthen relationships with key suppliers, including growers and processors
In return you'll receive an attractive salary and bonus scheme, 25 days paid holiday and a daily food allowance.
Please send your CV through to me directly by applying now.
REF. HLJ893943 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job