Buyer – Food Industry - Surrey
£38,000 - £40,000 GBP per annum plus bonus and benefits
REF: HLJ45862Apply for this position
A great opportunity for a graduate with a couple of years buying experience in the food industry to join an award winning food business.
This is an opportunity for a bright and driven individual to join a leading, award winning, independently owned food business. They have an international supply base, are enjoying YOY growth and supply all UK retailers with both Own Label and Branded ambient goods. They have outperformed all expectations over the last 12 months despite the pandemic and their order book is up 20%.
95% of their business supply branded and own label products into all of the major retailers. Due to this growth they are looking for someone to join their small, proactive team and be responsible for undertaking all activities relating to sourcing and buying individual products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain commercial relationships with all suppliers.
- Keep up to date and be an expert in your assigned product group.
- Work closely with key suppliers to keep up with their latest products.
- Assist with the tender submissions.
- Support Sales, Technical, Supply Chain and suppliers regarding New Product Development.
- Research the market and/or new markets to improve product ranges Manage product supply.
Candidates will need to be very bright and ambitious and have a 2.1 or above in a relevant business degree. Previous buying experience is essential, along with an entrepreneurial mindset and an organised approach to your work. You'll be confident with strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritise, multi task and meet deadlines. Analytically minded you will have exceptional negotiation techniques and be highly motivated and project driven. Fluency in a second language (ideally Spanish) would be a real advantage.
The business invest heavily in its employees so this is a great business to work for. Send your CV through to me today!
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778Apply for this position