Business Procurement Manager – Food Manufacturing
Competitive salary and benefits package
REF: HLJ895437Apply for this position
Great opportunity to join a leading multi site manufacturing business and have overall procurement responsibility for your site.
My client is a leading chilled food manufacturing business, operating across multiple sites in the UK. They have a great reputation in their market for the quality and innovation of their products and integrity in how they operate.
Procurement has recently gone through an exciting change in how they buy which has resulted in exciting new roles within the business. They are now looking for a Business Procurement Manager who will be site based and work in partnership with Group Procurement, Suppliers and Customers to protect the business from risk and transform supplier led innovation. You will own the procurement agenda for your site and will have responsibility for planning and delivering the site PPV and PIP whilst being accountable for all supplier performance at your site.
With a dotted line into the site leadership team you’ll ensure that central procurement understand and deliver the strategic and operational needs and that central projects are effectively managed through site. You’ll act as the site point of escalation for all procurement escalations and ensure NPD have the right approved suppliers and are only using the correct approved suppliers.
Candidates will need the following experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a procurement function
- Driving through step changes within a business
- Need to demonstrate the ability to deliver to the highest performance standards
- The ability to make difficult decisions and to take a calm & measured approach in an often pressured environment which often involves working to tight deadlines to overcome and achieve results.
Candidates will need the following skills
- Good interpersonal skills, able to build positive relationships with different stakeholders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction and demonstrate high levels of initiative
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Perseverance in the face of challenge
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload to meet demands from multiple stakeholders.
- Calm & measured approach in an often-pressured environment which often involves working to tight deadlines
- A “can do” attitude and “hands on” approach
- Ability to approach things pragmatically and consider solutions that deliver on different levels to the business
The desire to succeed; and a positive “can do” attitude that positively influences the wider peer group and senior managers along with highly effective communication and presentation skills are key.
To apply please send your details through to me today.
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob