Development Chef, Indian Recipe Dish, London
Location: South East and London
County / State: London
Job type: Permanent
Category: Development Chefs
Consultant: Frank Lomas
Start date: Asap
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus benefits
An expert Chef within Indian Subcontinent cuisine is required to join a business that manufacturers a range of meal products to UK retailers.
One of the UK's most successful Product Development teams has the opportunity for a new Chef to join them. Working within its London factory, the Development Kitchen offers the chance for a genuine food expert to bring his or her Indian Subcontinent and Ethnic cuisine knowledge to the masses. Perhaps you have worked at some of the country's leading restaurants, or you have ingrained yourself into the art of Indian spices and flavours, this position could be the crucial next step in a fulfilling and rewarding career as a Development Chef.
We are specifically seeking a Chef who knows what true, authentic and flavoursome Indian food is all about. In this role you will work alongside like-minded Chefs that have an unwavering passion for recipe experimentation and flavour profiling, so that they can bring to market dishes that will influence today’s customers, now and tomorrow for Ready Meal products.
If creating completely new food ideas and bringing a new twist to all-time classics is part of what gives you great satisfaction, this career move will be ideal. Having the time to create a concept that shouts aloud, the quality and culture of the dish’s heritage, whilst simultaneously having a unique point of difference, can be hugely rewarding.
The applicants who will secure the chance to discuss this with us, must have:
- A strong culinary background within a variety of restaurants
- The knowledge and passion to represent Indian Subcontinent food trends
- Excellent knowledge of the wider food world (restaurants, street food, QSRs and retail)
- Strong communication skills for presenting ideas and concepts to an audience of your peers and external customers
- A refined palette to understand the complexities of flavour combinations within Indian cuisine
- An unwavering thirst for new recipe ideas
- The ability to challenge the status quo in order to change perceptions and bring first-to-market food products to life
As a Development Chef for our client, you will have the ability to research and consider all options when creating dishes set to a specific brief. We are looking to find a Chef who has an open mind and honest passion for all things food, who can channel this into the next wave of contemporary Indian ready meals.
If you now a career within New Product Development as an NPD Chef is right for you then please tell us why and send your CV immediately.
REF. FTL893546 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job