Culinary Development Manager, Norfolk
Location: East Anglia
County / State: Norfolk
Job type: Permanent
Category: Development Chefs
Consultant: Frank Lomas
Start date: Asap
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 GBP per annum plus Bonus, Co. Car/ Allowance and Benefits
An innovative food business that supplies into Manufacturers, Retailers and the Foodservice sectors now seeks a creative Development Chef.
As the Culinary Development Manager for this international business you will focus on supporting the National Account Managers across Manufacturing, Retail and Foodservice in demonstrating the benefits of infused oils and liquid mixes for value added products. Working closely with customers' own NPD Departments, your role is to contribute to the growth and profitability of the business by assuming the culinary development and presentation role within the company.
Working throughout the country visiting customers and working within their kitchens too, you will develop recipes and dishes with your ingredients as the primary focus. Illustrating the adaptability and unique selling points of the multi-functional oil and herb mix products. This business is experiencing superb growth in the three markets it operates within and this opportunity provides strong career options for the right Chef or Product Development specialist who wants to be integral in its success.
For this role you must have....
- Experience working within Product Development, whether within Manufacturing or Foodservice
- Strong culinary skills across a range of cuisines and categories
- A desire to be customer-facing and providing consumer insight
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An ability to review and appraise along with adjusting products and recipes to meet the needs of the end user and customer
- An overall awareness of the three customer channels and their relevant food trends
- A successful track record of launching products with other food businesses or into market via retailers
- An innovative attitude to recipe development
This position will suit a seasoned NPD professional or even a Development Chef who has had some high profile achievements within product development. The key to success here is the ability to take each customer's brief on its own merits, and to be proactive and offer something new and bespoke for their product lines.
For the successful candidate a career opportunity with real legs is on offer. A competitive monetary package, excellent bonus scheme and a peer group of energetic and collaborative colleagues awaits you to join them in supporting a great range of customers throughout the food world.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
REF. FTL15258 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778Apply for this job