Understanding your career goals
Start by asking yourself these questions:
- What are my values? and how do they relate to the company I am interviewing with?
- What are my priorities and objectives for the next few years? Will they be attainable with this move?
Maybe you should consider these questions:
- Do I feel an affinity with this business and the products they offer?
- What are the challenges and opportunities within the business and do they match my needs?
- What is the companies reputation and would I like to work there?
These seem fairly fundamental questions but so often we do not give ourselves time to think about them. Focus will be able to support your thought process during your career search. Thinking about your life goals, your career prospects and what you want to create.